Public and private agencies offer a variety of home care services that may be available to you.Read more
Help in Providing Care From a Distance
- December 15th, 2002
In our mobile society it's not uncommon for parents and children to live in different parts of the country or the world. When aging parents need care, it can be difficult to address their needs from afar. Feelings of guilt can arise, coupled with a sense of being overwhelmed by the challenges of arranging caregiving. Fortunately, help is available for long-distance caregivers. Following are some key resources:
- Sunrise At Home is a new program of Sunrise Assisted Living that provides assisted living services in a person's own home. Call 1-888-AT HOME3 (284-6633) or visit www.athomeassistedliving.com
- SeniorBridge offers both care management and home care services. Call 1-888-321-6161 or visit www.cambridgecompanions.com
- The Eldercare Locator can help you find services in the community that may be able to offer assistance. Call toll-free 1-800-677-1116 or visit Eldercare.gov
- A geriatric care manager can assess and manage your parents' care. To locate one, visit www.caremanager.org
- The National Family Caregivers Association offers assistance and advocacy. Visit www.nfcacares.org
- The AARP Web page on 'Long-Distance Caregiving' includes many helpful tips and links. Visit www.aarp.org/confacts/caregive/longdistance.html
Local Elder Law Attorneys in Ashburn, VA
Hale Ball Carlson Baumgartner Murphy PLC
Loretta Morris Williams is a certified elder law attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation. Ms. Williams was admitted to the Council of Advanced Practitioners, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) in 2012. She serves as President of the Virginia Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. Ms. Willia...
Needham Mitnick & Pollack, PLC
Judith Mtinick is well known for acting as a guardian, conservator, trustee or agent on behalf of clients or by court appointment. This experience gives her a wide perspective and extensive practical knowledge that she uses when advising clients in drafting their planning documents. Her experience, as a court appointed...
Felinton Elder Law & Estate Planning Centers
Mindy Felinton concentrates in the areas of Medicaid planning, Veterans' Benefits, asset protection, nursing home planning, elder law, wills, estate planning, trusts, living wills, powers of attorney, probate administration and trust administration and began her legal career 30 years ago as an Assistant State Attorney...