More than a third of individuals who recently purchased long-term care insurance are paying less than $1,499 . . .Read more
Long-Term Care Insurance: The Essentials
Metropolitan Life Insurance Company. Long-Term Care Insurance: The Essentials. Price: Free.
The MetLife Mature Market Institute has put out a free booklet, with information on long-term care insurance. The booklet, which can be downloaded for free from their Web site, provides information on the following topics, among others:
- The definition and costs of long-term care.
- The various methods of paying for long-term care, including private insurance, Medicaid, Medicare, and long-term care insurance.
- How to figure out what type of long-term care insurance to buy.
- An overview of the different policies and coverage, with an explanation of reimbursement, indemnity, and disability policies.
- Information on how to evaluate a long-term care insurance company.
If you are thinking about purchasing long-term care insurance, the booklet provides a good overview in an easy-to-understand question-and-answer format. . It will familiarize you with how long-term care insurance works and what it covers.
The MetLife Mature Market Institute is MetLife's information and policy resource center on issues related to aging, retirement, long-term care, and the mature market. MetLife markets long-term care insurance policies. Access a free copy of the booklet. There are separate booklets for Oklahoma and Texas.
Created date: 05/10/2005