Although their names are confusingly alike, Medicaid and Medicare are quite different programs.Read more
Guides Explain Medicare and Medicaid Coverage for the Disabled
- March 14th, 2005
The Kaiser Family Foundation has released two new guides that explain the role of Medicare and Medicaid for roughly 20 million children, adults and seniors with disabilities.
The guides offer a basic introduction to the Medicare and Medicaid programs, including answers to questions such as:
- How do people with disabilities apply for coverage under Medicare or Medicaid?
- What is Medicare's policy for covering durable medical equipment?
- Where can people with disabilities turn if they need help in applying for Medicaid?
- How do people with disabilities appeal Medicare coverage decisions?
- Can a person with a disability who has Medicare and/or Medicaid be employed and still keep their coverage?
To access the guides, Navigating Medicare and Medicaid, 2005 and Keeping Medicare and Medicaid When You Work, 2005, go to: http://www.kff.org/medicare/med020705pkg.cfm
Local Elder Law Attorneys in Ashburn, VA
Margaret A. O'Reilly, PC
Margaret A. O’Reilly is an estate planning and elder law attorney with over thirty-five years of legal experience. Attorney O’Reilly graduated from Duke University with a degree in psychology, and received her law degree from Northeastern University School of Law in Boston, Massachusetts. For over 15 y...
The Estate Planning & Elder Law Firm PC
Bill founded The Estate Planning & Elder Law Firm, P.C. in 1994. Bill limits his practice to the areas of estate planning and administration, incapacity planning, Medicaid, asset protection planning, and elder law. He is one of (15) fifteen attorneys practicing in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia, ce...