Although their names are confusingly alike, Medicaid and Medicare are quite different programs.Read more
Guides Explain Medicare and Medicaid Coverage for the Disabled
- March 14th, 2005
The Kaiser Family Foundation has released two new guides that explain the role of Medicare and Medicaid for roughly 20 million children, adults and seniors with disabilities.
The guides offer a basic introduction to the Medicare and Medicaid programs, including answers to questions such as:
- How do people with disabilities apply for coverage under Medicare or Medicaid?
- What is Medicare's policy for covering durable medical equipment?
- Where can people with disabilities turn if they need help in applying for Medicaid?
- How do people with disabilities appeal Medicare coverage decisions?
- Can a person with a disability who has Medicare and/or Medicaid be employed and still keep their coverage?
To access the guides, Navigating Medicare and Medicaid, 2005 and Keeping Medicare and Medicaid When You Work, 2005, go to: http://www.kff.org/medicare/med020705pkg.cfm
Local Elder Law Attorneys in Ashburn, VA
The Law Firm of Evan H. Farr, P.C.
In practice since 1987, Fairfax Attorney Evan Farr is widely recognized as one of the leading Elder Law, Estate Planning, and Specials Needs attorneys in Virginia and one of foremost experts in the Country in the field of Medicaid Asset Protection and related Trusts. Evan Farr has been quoted or cited as an expert by n...
Needham Mitnick & Pollack, PLC
Susan Pollack served as Chairperson of the Falls Church Senior Citizens Commission from 1997 to 2011 and was on the Executive Board of the Falls Church Education Foundation. She has also served on the Board of Directors of the Alzheimer’s Association of the National Capital Area and is a member of the Arlington B...