Kelly S. Davis
Kelly S. Davis
KELLY S. DAVIS is a respected elder law attorney with over thirty years experience dealing with the legal issues that concern the elderly, the disabled, and their families. Raised in Cheyenne, Wyoming, Mr. Davis is a graduate of the University of Oklahoma (BA, English, 1976) and the University of Wyoming College of Law (JD, 1979).
Licensed in both Wyoming and Colorado, Mr. Davis and Davis Elder Law Office focus primarily on estate and Medicaid planning for clients and families throughout Wyoming. Mr. Davis is a member of the Trust Special Interest Group of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and the Wyoming State Bar Elder Law and Disability Section. In 2005, Mr. Davis was recognized by the Wyoming Bar Association Foundation and the Wyoming State Bar for his efforts in drafting the Wyoming Guardianship Corporation Pooled Trust, the only (d)(4)(C) or "pooled trust" authorized to serve members of Wyoming's disabled community.
His expertise in elder law makes Mr. Davis a much sought after speaker by many organizations in the senior and disabled communities, including the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP), the Association of Retarded Citizens (ARC), the American Parkinson Disease Association (APDA), the National Association of the Mentally Ill (NAMI), the Multiple Sclerosis Society, the American Cancer Society, the Wyoming Governor's Planning Council on Developmental Disabilities, the Veteran's Administration, and others. He has served as an instructor of continuing education classes for lawyers, accountants, insurance agents, trust officers, financial planners, and other professionals on Medicaid, special needs trusts, estate planning and other elder law issues. Topics at some of the conferences Mr. Davis has addressed and educational seminars at which he has taught include:
- Planning for the Home Stretch: End of Life Panel - University of Wyoming Navigating the New Health Care Market Consumer Conference - Laramie, WY - October, 2013
- Working with the Diminished Capacity Client - Wyoming State Bar, Annual Meeting and Judicial Conference - Gillette, WY - September, 2013
- Medicaid and Medicare Planning in Wyoming - Medical Education Services - Cheyenne, WY - June, 2008
- Medicaid and Medicare Planning in Wyoming - Medical Education Services - Cheyenne, WY - July, 2007
- Planning for Persons with Disabilities Using the Special Needs Trust - Wyoming Governors Planning Council on Developmental Disabilities MEGA Conference 2005 - Cheyenne, WY - October, 2005
- Medicaid and Elder Law Issues in Wyoming - Lorman Education Services - Casper, WY - June, 2005
- Medicaid and Medicare Planning in Wyoming - Medical Educational Services - Cheyenne, WY - June, 2004
- Planning with Special Needs Trusts in Wyoming - National Business Institute - Cheyenne, WY - April, 2004
- Understanding and Drafting Special Needs Trusts in Wyoming - Sterling Education Services - Cheyenne, WY - December, 2003
- Staying Out of Trouble in Elder Law - Wyoming State Bar, Annual Meeting and Judicial Conference - Cheyenne, WY - September, 2003
- Medicaid Planning for Persons with Disabilities and the Special Needs Trust - Wyoming Alliance for the Mentally Ill, 17th Annual Conference - Riverton, WY - October , 2002
- Wills, Trusts and Other Financial Vehicles for the Disabled - The ARC of Wyoming - Lander, WY - April, 2002
- Legal Issues of Brain Injury Survivors and the Special Needs Trust - Wyoming Brain Injury Conference - Lander, WY - June 2001
- Medicaid and Medicare Planning in Wyoming - Medical Education Services - Cheyenne, WY - June 2001
If you or someone you know in Wyoming needs the guidance of an experienced elder law attorney then contact Kelly S. Davis by phone at (307)433-0921 or via the convenient contact form provided.
KELLY S. DAVIS and the staff at DAVIS ELDER LAW OFFICE are dedicated to helping families, including seniors and persons with disabilities, reach their estate and long-term care planning goals. Protecting one's estate and avoiding probate costs and death taxes is not the only consideration in estate planning. Finding solutions for long-term care and nursing home needs, and qualifying for Medicaid benefits often become more important issues for seniors, disabled persons and their families. Through the proper application of living and irrevocable trusts, special needs trusts, Wills, advance directives, personal care agreements and other planning techniques, Mr. Davis's clients, and their families, are able to provide for their loved ones' current and future needs. Mr. Davis understands the needs of his clients, and their families, in planning now for peace of mind in the future.
Mr. Davis supports the use of the mandatory disclaimer required by the Wyoming State Bar in all advertisements which states:
"The Wyoming State Bar does not certify any attorney as a specialist or expert. Anyone considering a lawyer should independently investigate the lawyer's credentials and ability, and not rely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise."
HoursPlease contact this attorney for firm hours by clicking here.
CostPlease contact this attorney for more information about fees by clicking here.
What Is an Elder Law Attorney?
1807 Capitol Avenue, Suite 200 B
Cheyenne, WY 82001
Kelly S. Davis
KELLY S. DAVIS is a respected elder law attorney with over thirty years experience dealing with the legal issues that concern the elderly, the disabled, and their families. Raised in Cheyenne, Wyoming, Mr. Davis is a graduate of the University of Oklahoma (BA, English, 1976) and the University of Wyoming College of Law...