Find Local
Elder Law

Browse Local
Elder Law Attorney Listings

for Elder Law Attorneys

Questions & Answers

My father recently died, and my sister is executor of his estate. An attorney is in charge of the probate and waiting for all bills to come in before settling the estate. I cared for my father for the past two years without help from anyone else in my family. Because of my help, my dad was able to remain in his home as he wished. I advised my family that I wanted to be reimbursed for my help and time off work after my father died, but now my family and the attorney will not talk to me about this. I intend to submit a bill for the care I gave to him. Do I need to have an attorney to assist me with this? Is there a certain acceptable way to bill for my care? 

Read this answer and others like it