Search for Elder Law Attorneys
Cara C. Wells is a Senior Associate with Sprouse Shrader Smith. Ms. Wells represents clients in probate administration, estate planning and administration, elder law, guardianship law and family law. Prior to joining Sprouse, Ms. Wells was a solo practitioner in Tulsa with clients throughout Oklahoma. Her philosophy as a lawyer is to effectively and zealously advocate for her client to achieve a positive outcome. She also practiced law in St. Louis, Missouri.
Presentations / Publications
- Co-authored The Elderly Client: Comparing and Contrasting a Guardianship with the Durable Power of Attorney Document in the Event of Incapacity, 79 Okla. Bar J. 2199 (2008).
- The Importance of Estate Planning for Later Marriages, The Vintage Magazine, February, 2008, at 24.
- Committee Chair, Tulsa Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service (2011-12; 2012-2013)
- Committee Co-Chair, Young Lawyers Section, TU Law Alumni Association (2009-12); Board Member (2012-13)
- TCBA Estate Planning and Family Law Section
- Tulsa Title and Probate Lawyers
- Tulsa Estate Planning Forum
- Elder Law Answers
Activities / Awards
Commissioner on the Oklahoma Community Service Commission.
Oklahoma State Courts
Missouri State Courts
- University of Tulsa College of Law, J.D., 2005
- Oklahoma State University, BA, 1996
- Estate Administration
- Family Law
- Guardianship & Elder Law
Sprouse Shrader Smith is recognized throughout the region for personalized, high-quality service to help our clients achieve their goals. With a variety of practice areas and locations, our firm is equipped to handle a wide spectrum of matters regardless of where they arise. Our attorneys are recognized as leaders within their practice areas as well as throughout the profession.
Opening in 1990 with only 5 attorneys in Amarillo, Sprouse Shrader Smith has grown to over 50 attorneys in 5 locations, with our newest locations, Austin & Denver City, joining this year.
At Sprouse Shrader Smith, we strive to be the firm of choice. Whether it be the board room or the court room, We Know Law.