Search for Elder Law Attorneys
- Owner of Knapp Law Firm, P.C. with focus areas in Small Business Law; Family Law; Wills, Trust and Estate Planning; Probate Administration; and Elder Law.
- Elder Law Attorney with the SC Centers for Equal Justice
- Senior Staff Attorney with Palmetto Legal Services
- Admitted to US District Court
- Associate Moore Law Firm a general practice firm
- First USC School of Law Student to Intern with the SC Supreme Court, clerked with Jean HoeferToal, Chief Justice - Dean's Honor Roll
- Law clerk to SC Legislature's Mother, Infants and Children Committee
- Maintains a general law practice for 17 years in a six county area.
- Member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, eligible for examination as a certified elder law specialist
- Honorary Chairman of National Republican Business Advisory Committee, National Leadership Award and 2006 SC Republican of the Year
- 54 hours in trusts and advanced estate planning from the American Law Institute and the American Bar Association
- Instructor at the National Association of Social Security Claimants Representatives (NOSSCR) May 2002 Conference on developing a disability practice and handling SSI cases. Member since 1997. More than 65 hours of continuing legal education in Social Security law
- Taught 18 hours of Choice of Business Entities for the USC Salkehatchie Entrepreneurial Program in 2002-2006
- South Carolina Business One Stop
- Taught numerous seminars to senior citizens, churches and professional groups, including certified trainings for the SC Nursing Home Association, Alzheimer's Association and the USC Summer School of Gerontology
- Pro Bono Attorney - Salkehatchie Arts Partnership, Friends of Barnwell County Animal Shelter Foundation, Heritage Corridor - Region 3
- Author of "A Guide to Informal Probate in South Carolina"
- Served with the SC Adult Protection Coordinating Council on vulnerable adult abuse issues and the Board of Generations Unlimited.
PO Box 714
Barnwelll SC 29812
Our practice focuses on legal advocacy, guidance and planning services for the basic wellbeing of you and your family. Whether ensuring a legacy through estate planning or securing much-needed benefits through social security disability, we are committed to providing objective legal advice and caring service. So let's talk. We pride ourselves on the way we sensitively handle tough conversations having to do with many facets of the law. Click on our Practice Areas link to see how we can help you and your loved ones.