Search for Elder Law Attorneys
The Law Offices of John J. O’Grady, PLLC, provides LEGAL SERVICES FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, services that address people's most personal matters in a personal manner, including:
- Elder Law and Estate Planning, including asset protection, Medicaid planning and tax planning, and the preparation of Wills, Trusts, Power of Attorneys with significantly expanded powers, Living, Wills and Health Care Proxies designed to accomplish these goals;
- Special Needs Planning for children and adults with disabilities to ensure that any current or future government benefits for the disabled person are maintained so that available assets can be spent for necessities and luxuries that are not covered by those benefits;
- Representation in the sale or purchase of real estate;
- Probate and Estate Administration to efficiently transfer the assets of loved ones to intended beneficiaries.
You are always invited to ask me any questions about law that you have. I maintain a network of attorneys, including those who specialize in personal injury and medical malpractice, business law and transactions, matrimonial and family law, labor and employment law, tax and estate planning, real property zoning and development, traffic violations and criminal defense, and other professionals, including financial planners, accountants, tax preparation professionals, insurance and real estate agents, appraisers, insurance and mortgage brokers, home inspection experts, Medicaid application specialists, and geriatric care managers, so that I can respond to all the needs of my clients. I would be most appreciative of requests for assistance from you, your family, or your friends.
I maintain the following professional memberships to ensure that I have the latest and best information available for exceptional representation:
The New York State Bar Association, including membership in three sections, Elder Law, Estate Planning and Real Property. These sections each provide a quarterly newsletter full of information specific to their practice, as well as an online forum for the constant exchange of questions, information and advice. The forums greatly expand the amount and breadth of input on any issue.
The Association has its own monthly Law Journal and provides weekly updates on cases of interest as well as a monthly digest of landmark legal decisions. It also provides some of the best Continuing Legal Education available, routinely showcasing the most prominent attorneys in the field coupled with comprehensive materials consistent with the Association's many practice publications.
The Nassau County Bar Association, including the Elder Law Committee. That committee meets once a month to provide information useful on a local level and hosts a monthly luncheon that allows members to exchange questions, information and ideas in a relaxed and personal setting.
The National Association of Elder Law Attorneys, a national organization that has a daily online message board that expands my access to information and assistance to a national scope, and which hosts national conferences and has both a monthly and quarterly publication.
Elder Law Answers, another national organization that provides me with weekly updates and additional access to material and the national roster of elder law attorneys.
The Nassau Suffolk Trial Lawyers Association
The Chaminade Alumni Lawyers Association
The Catholic Lawyers Guild
We provide LEGAL SERVICES FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, including:
- ELDER LAW AND ESTATE PLANNING
- Wills, Trusts and Powers of Attorney for tax and
- financial savings,asset protection and Medicaid planning
- Living Wills and Health Care Proxies to maintain dignity
- Standby Guardianships for parents of minor children
- Guardianship petitions and counsel when someone you
- love is disabled and can not care for themselves
- Long Term Planning Planning and Advice about Estate,
- Gift and Income Taxation
- PROBATE AND ESTATE ADMINISTRATION
- REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS
- Representing sellers and purchasers of houses,
- condominiums and coops
- TRIALS AND LITIGATION
- QUESTIONS ON ALL MATTERS OF LAW ARE WELCOME