Search for Elder Law Attorneys
FAY BLIX, a graduate of Western State University College of Law, has been practicing law in Orange County since 1984. She presently devotes the majority of her practice to addressing the legal problems of the elderly and those living with disabilities. She was among the first group of attorneys in the nation to be certified as an elder law attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation in 1995. She is also an accredited attorney by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Professional Organizations Membership
- Elder Law section of the Orange County Bar Association
- Trusts and Estates section of the Orange County Bar Association
- Trusts and Estates section of the California State Bar
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Southern California Chapter
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorney's Counsel of Advanced Practitioners
- Academy of Special Needs Planners
- Wealth Counsel
- Elder Counsel
- California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform
- California Coalition for Compassionate Care
Awards and Recognition
- Founding chair of the Elder Law Section of Orange County Bar Association.
- “Lawyer of the Month” by the Orange County Bar Association, May, 1993.
- “Elder Advocate of the Year" by the Orange County Senior Roundtable, 1994.
- “Public Policy Volunteer of the Year” by the Orange County Alzheimer’s Association, 1996.
- “Distinguished Volunteer Award,” January, 1997, by the Alzheimer’s Association of California State Counsel for work concerning legislation for Alzheimer’s families.
- “The 2000 Hall of Fame Award” by the Orange County Bar Association Elder Law Section, December, 2000.
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys’ Powley Elder Law Award, November, 2001. Blix offered her comments in acceptance of the award.
- Outstanding Chapter Member Award from the Southern California Chapter of NAELA, May, 2003.
- The Maureen Reagan Outstanding Advocate Award from the National Alzheimer’s Association, May, 2005.
- Rising Star in Advocacy by WomanSage, October, 2005.
- Fellow of NAELA, 2007. Blix offered her comments in acceptance of the award.
- Featured member in NAELA News, 2009.
- Spirit of CEB award, September, 2009.
- The NAELA John J. Regan Writing Award, May, 2012. The article for which the award was given is "Healthcare Reform and End Of Life Issues."
- Top Attorneys 2012, Orange County Metro, August 2012.
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers (2012).
- Southern California’s Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers in America for the past several years.
- Who’s Who In The West.
- Outstanding Young Women of America.
- AV rating in Martindale-Hubbell.
- “10” rating in AVVO.
Teaching and Writing Careers
- Instructor for the Gerontology Training Institute
- CEB lecturer in Elder Law
- Lecturer for California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform
- Presented seminars for the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys on both national and state level
- Presented seminars for National Business Institute
- Co-author of the CEB books, California Durable Powers of Attorney, and California Elder Law, Resources, Benefits and Planning
- Frequent speaker for local professional and layperson groups.
Public Service Contributions
- Member of the Governor’s Alzheimer’s Advisory Task Force
- Member of the board of NAELA’s Senior Rights Political Action Committee
- Member of the UCI-MIND Advisory Committee
- Member of the board of the Goldsmith Legacy Foundation
- Member of the steering committee of the Women’s Studies in Religion Masters program of the Claremont Graduate School in Claremont, California
- Served on the executive committee, the audit committee, the planned-giving committee and the board of the Alzheimer’s Family Services Center
- Served on the California State Council of the Alzheimer’s Association
- Served on the task force for the California State Plan for Alzheimer’s Disease
- Served on the task force for Alzheimer's Guidelines
- Served on the Executive Committee of the Board of the Alzheimer’s Association of Orange County and chaired the public policy committee of the Alzheimer’s Association of Orange County
- Past President of the Southern California chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Chaired the NAELA Certification Review course for those attorneys wishing to qualify as certified elder law attorneys (CELA)
- Chaired the NAELA telephonic seminar committee
- Served on the Loma Linda University Medical Center Bioethics Committee
- Served on the ethics committee of the Orange County Alzheimer’s Association
The Law Office of Fay Blix is dedicated to assisting the families of persons with disabilities in taking the steps to protect their future.
- Disability Law
- Estate Planning, Administration & Probate Matters
- Trusts & Special Needs Trusts
- Advance Medical Directives
- Long-term Care
- Public Benefits & Asset Protection Planning