Search for Elder Law Attorneys
Christopher Berry CELA
Elder Law attorney Christopher J. Berry is dedicated to helping Michigan seniors, veterans, and their families plan for and cope with the many issues that come with growing older. A native of southeast Michigan, Attorney Berry focuses on the areas of elder law, Medicaid planning, Veterans Benefits, and estate planning.
Attorney Berry is the only Certified Elder Law Attorney in Livingston County, one of a handful in Oakland County, and one of just 15 in all of Michigan. He was the second youngest lawyer in the nation to achieve the designation of Certified Elder Law Attorney, which is the gold standard for elder law attorneys.
Avvo, an unbiased and well-known attorney’s national ranking system, rated him 10 out of 10, the highest possible rating. His peers chose him as a Best Lawyer for Elder Law & Estate Planning on the list of the Best Lawyers in America and the DBusiness Magazine. Moreover, he received the Spirit of Detroit award for his efforts on behalf of the community of Metro-Detroit.
Attorney Berry currently serves (or has served) as a:
- Board of Trustee for The Michigan Presbyterian Villages, Oakland Woods’ Villages, and an Easter Seals of Michigan Board of Directors
- Champion-level member of the Alzheimer’s Association’s AEDA (Alzheimer’s Early Detection Alliance)
- Probate and Estate Committee of Oakland County Bar Association’s member
- Member of the Veterans Committee
- Member of the Disability and Elder Law section and the Probate section of the Michigan State Bar
- Legal Services Network of AARP member
- NAELA (National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys) Tax section’s member
- Member of Government Assistance Planning for NAELA for Wealth Counsel, Elder Counsel, and the Alliance for Elder Care Matters
- Member of the Unauthorized Law Practice Committee of Michigan’s State Bar, which assists the public in matters concerning the unauthorized practice of law
- Member of the spearheading committee of Governmental Benefits section of NAELA
- Board of Directors member for the NAELA-MI (Michigan National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys)
Attorney Berry is a sought-after speaker and writer on a range of elder law topics, including long-term care planning, Veterans Benefits and Medicaid planning. He was a featured guest blogger for Wealth Counsel and the National Financial Planning Association. In addition, he had an article published through the Elder Law Attorneys’ National Academy, which addressed Medicaid Planning and Veterans Benefits issues.
The mission of the The Elder Care Firm of Christopher J. Berry, CELA is to educate and assist Michigan seniors, veterans and their families navigate the long-term care legal maze. Somewhere in your life, there is someone receiving home care, in a nursing home or in an assisted living facility. Maybe they have Alzheimers or dementia. The people that love them are stressed that they are going to run out of money. Were the firm to call when their back is against the wall. If you know anybody like that, ever, have them call us at (888) 390-4360