Search for Elder Law Attorneys
Ms. Yoak’s practice focuses on:
- Elder law and disability planning;
- Estate planning and administration;
- Fiduciary and chancery litigation;
- Impeachment of Wills;
- Partition of jointly held real estate;
- Reformation of trust agreements;
- Suits for Aid and Guidance;
- Substitution or removal of executors/trustees;
- Effect distributions of property under UCTA/UTMA;
- Guardianships and conservatorships of incapacitated persons;
- Resolve estate and trust administration issues; and
- Compel accounts from attorneys-in-fact.
Thompson McMullan's elder law practice encompasses all aspects of planning for and representation of elderly and disabled clients. We provide counsel and seasoned representation in guardianship and conservatorship proceedings, including judicial estate planning needed to establish trusts and complete transfers for tax and public benefits objectives. We have substantial experience in advising both institutional trust departments and individual clients regarding long term care issues, with special emphasis on protecting public entitlements rights for elderly, incapacitated and disabled persons. Our experience in this practice area includes: hospital and nursing home representation for discharge and admission of incapacitated adults; adult guardianships and conservatorships; family representation in civil commitment and psychiatric medication proceedings; special needs estate planning for Medicaid and disability recipients; Medicaid Special Needs Trusts / Medicare set aside arrangements in personal injury and worker compensation litigation; and Medicaid appeals.